Preparing for a road trip to Lacampagne Tropicana Beach Resort needed an early start.
As I was about to embark on a 3 hour journey, I was up at 7:30am and out the door by 9am.
That’s the thing about travel, it forces you out of your regular social circle and helps you meet people you have that 1 thing in common with.
Finally, we made it to our destination!
The resort had put in place precautions to help reduce the spread of covid and make people feel more comfortable about visiting.
Post – Covid precautions in place:
- They only admit 20 people into the 65 acre resort a day (social distancing is a guarantee).
- Hand sanitiser is provided upon entry into the resort.
- The resort was sprayed down in May by Covid 19 Fumigators.
We were there for the day so purchased the day pass.
The Daycation rates:
- Adults (without corkage): 5000 naira (this is what I paid for)
- Adults (with corkage): 6000 naira
- Teenager (without corkage): 2500
- Teenager (with corkage): 3000
- Kids: 1,500
With the Day Pass you have access to the following:
- Swimming: 2 pools to choose from
- Beach sports: Volleyball
- Horse riding
- Football, Badminton, Lawn Tennis, Basketball, Water Volleyball, Table Tennis, Snooker.
We didn’t go swimming, most of our time by the water, soaking up the view and the sounds of the waves.
However, we decided to go with kayaking and loved it!
For 1000 naira we were one step closer to Kayaking.
Strapped into our life jackets, in our Kayaks and on the water, the view and serene waters would be ours for the next 10 minutes.
It’s the view for me
Nike had never Kayaked before so this was an opportunity for her to cross it off her bucket list.
Hannah was really sceptical at first (lol, she didn’t sign up for water sports), but after a little pep talk from Nike and an agreement to go in a 2 person Kayak with one of the instructors she finally made it on to the water.
The next time I visit I’m definitely going to try a few more of their water sports like:
- Snorkelling (currently not available) – from 8,000 to 10,000 naira
- Jet Skiing – from 5,000 naira upwards
- Boat Cruise – from 20,000 naira upwards (minimum of 10 passengers per ride)
- Canoe Cruise – 1000 naira per person
- Tubing – from 2,000 naira and upwards
- Sea Scooter – from 5,000 naira upwards
- Dining on the water – from 70,000 naira upwards
- None of the staff members were wearing masks so, you may want to pack a mask to feel more comfortable.
- Their website states they had different wash points around the resort – I didn’t see any.
- The umbrella stands are not wiped down after guests leave so, you may want to have a bottle of hand sanitiser with you incase you need it at any point.
- The service in the restaurant was extremely slow – the food was brought to us cold and after we sent it back to be warmed, it would be another 35 minutes till we got it (they didn’t have many working microwaves).
- Horse Riding is free with your day pass and you are entitled to a ride – as long as you can find the horse handler.
- We intended on riding the horses but couldn’t find the handler, maybe we’ll be more successful on our next trip.
- The staff at the water sports section were not sure of the activities the resort offered, or their prices. Their website also does not have up to date the information on the activities that are available and those that are not.
- The website states that snorkelling is 8,000 & 10,000 naira however, the staff did not know the price or that they offered snorkelling.
- After they realised they offered it, they said it was 25,000 naira (they were still not sure) and informed us it was unavailable.
Overall, La Campagne is a great choice for a Daycation/ Weekend Getaway.
The ambiance, scenery and the beach!
But make sure you call ahead and make enquires about any activity you may want to do to make sure it’s available which ensures your stay is as pleasant possible.
So, if you’re craving a break from the hustle and bustle of Lagos City Life, then this is a great choice for either a Daycation (for a few hours), or a Weekend getaway.
Their weekend rates depend on the type of chalets you book, so you can check them out here.
Things to note be for you go:
- Digital Cameras and Drones are not allowed into the resort
- Opening & Closing times: 8am – 6pm daily
- Location: Ikegun, Ibeju-Lekki Area, Off Lekki/Epe Expressway, Lagos, Nigeria